Titulo: Virtual Worlds. Artificial Ecosystems and Digital Art Exploration
Autores: S. Bornhofen, J.-C. Heudin, A. Lioret, J.-C. Torrel (Ed.)
Editorial: Science eBook
Formatos disponibles: eBook (PDF)
Compra de libro: http://www.science-ebook.fr/virtual_worlds.html
Virtual worlds have attracted considerable attention during the last decade. They have gained notoriety in games such as World of Warcraft and in general purpose worlds such as Second Life. Besides these well-known applications, many research projects study the potentials of creating digital worlds with their own physical and biological laws, populated by interacting entities such as artificial creatures and human avatars.
This interdisciplinary volume aims to provoque a new understanding of the important role that computer-generated virtual worlds will play in the near future. The selected papers show the necessary cooperation between science, technology and art, for studying artificial ecosystems and exploring new forms of digital art.
Stephan Bornhofen is Professor at EISTI near Paris. His research focuses on Complex Systems, Artificial Life, Virtual Reality and Generative Art.
Jean-Claude Heudin is Director of the Institute of Internet and Multimedia. He was the organizer and chairman of the two previous International Conference on Virtual Worlds.
Alain Lioret is Professor at the University of Paris VIII, Art et Technologie de l’Image. He is a specialist of Generative Art, Digital Art and Artificial Life.
Jean-Claude Torrel is Professor at the Institute of Internet and Multimedia where he leads the Video Game department.
With contributions from: Ayiter, E., Boukadoum, M., Bourkhis, W., Cyr, A., Djedi, N., Duthen, Y., Ji, H., Gallastegui, S.G., Heudin, J.-C., Lelièvre, E., Lioret, A., Luga, H., Mühleck, G., Niebrügge, S., Ouannes, N., Schianchi, A., Sciotto, F.M., Steinman, D., Thériault, F. and Wakefield, G.
- Scientific Committee
- Chapter 1 – Acquisitions for Creativity: ‘Produsage’ in the Metaverse
- Chapter 2 – Artificial Life Creation for Cinema
- Chapter 3 – Incepted Perception: Harmonic Perception and Spatial Constructions
- Chapter 4 – Virtual World-Making in an Interactive Art Installation: Time of Doubles
- Chapter 5 – From sTEAmulus to Simulus
- Chapter 6 – Lifedrop: a Drop of Life on the Web
- Chapter 7 – Following Food Sources by Artificial Creature in a Virtual Ecosystem
- Chapter 8 – Virtual Worlds as Utopian Places for Art Creation
- Chapter 9 – One and Three Virtual Chairs: Kosuth in Second Life
- Chapter 10 – Roleplaying as a Creation Form and a Source of Inspiration in RPG Virtual Worlds
- Chapter 11 – Between the Virtual and the Physical: Mental-Emotional Experiences of Space in Video Games and Virtual Worlds
- Chapter 12 – NeuroSim: A Virtual 3D-World to Investigate the Intelligence Phenomenon within the Perspective of Bio-inspired Robotic Agents
- Index of authors